The Ultra Music Festival is just around the corner. And it’s no longer on Brickell. It’s on Virginia Key this year. That means traffic all weekend long. Prepare extra time for you comings and goings to Key Biscayne from March 29th through April 1st. Especially in the afternoons and evenings.
From the Village of Key Biscayne:
Date: March 29 – April 1, 2019Time: 2:00 pm – 2:00 am
(Two Venues Operating in Tandem)
Miami, FL 33149
The Ultra Music Festival will be held for the first time in Virginia on March 29, 20 and 31, 2019 (Friday through Sunday). Since the festival ends at 2:00 a.m. daily, the festival will extend into Monday, April 1st.
Transportation options are shown below to give Village residents a sense of the potential effect on traffic to and from the Key. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
Residents, commuters and non-Ultra visitors to the Key should allow extra time to leave and return to the Key during the Festival. Expect shuttles and vehicles dropping off attendees along the Causeway before, after and during the event hours of 2:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
Event hours are 2:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. on each day of Ultra. Organizers are advising festival attendees to “arrive early to avoid any delays in entering the event, particularly on Friday. We will endeavor to open gates early on Friday…”
According to the website (https://ultramusicfestival.com):
- There is absolutely NO PARKING available on Virginia Key for General Admission festival attendees.
- “There will be dedicated locations for rideshare and private car drop-off at the event.” To be dropped off, “follow appropriate signage for festival drop-off, where you will be directed to walk to the appropriate walkway to access the festival entrance.”
- “Only official festival transports will be able to drop-off and pick-up directly outside the festival gates. We highly advise using official transports to travel to and from the event.”
- Shuttle transport from transit hubs to the Marine Stadium and Historic Virginia Key Beach Park will take place from three locations throughout the Greater Miami area:
- Arts & Entertainment District (serving Downtown, Wynwood, Midtown and all areas North of the Greater Miami Area)
- AmericanAirlines Arena (serving Downtown Miami and Brickell)
- Vizcaya (serving Brickell, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables and all areas South of the Greater Miami Area)